Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Avoid Selenium

This article (see below) is entitled: 'Beware Selenium - too much is harmful scientists warn'.  I picture a scientist standing on the moors , lab-coat fluttering in the wind, moaning "Bewaaaaare!"

Now fair enough, Selenium can be good for you if you are lacking in Selenium.  In other words, should you be unfortunate enough to suffer from a Selenium deficiency then by all means go out and buy some supplements to get you back on track.  But for the rest of us - and I include myself only hesitantly in this group - taking extra Selenium may actually make you less healthy.  So don't go diving into the Selenium jar, or sitting down in front of a movie with a big bowl of Selenium on your knees.  You'll regret it later.


That being said, I have only one question:  

What is Selenium?


Source:  Irish Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write Something. Why should I be the only one doing all the work?